Internet Access Policy
To fulfill its mission to provide information to the public, the Cleburne County Library is providing free access to the internet. It is intended to serve as an informational and educational resource for personal enjoyment and learning. Use of the internet is a privilege, not a right, and any inappropriate use or behavior will result in a loss of this privilege.
The Cleburne County Library takes no responsibility, either express or implied, with information available on the internet, nor the misuse of copyright or other violations. When using the internet, remember that some material may be outdated, wrong or biased. To verify the validity of information, you must critically evaluate all information.
The Library assumes no responsibility for any damage, direct or indirect, that results use of its internet service.
To maximize the availability of the internet to Library patrons, the following rules apply:
- All users must sign a disclaimer/consent form.
- Accessing obscene or pornographic material is inappropriate for the Library and is prohibited. Failure to abide by this can result in being permanently banned from using Library computers.
- A parent/guardian must give written permission for children under age 18 to access the internet. The parent/guardian must personally appear and show proof of identity before filling out access forms, which must be filled out in front of a Library Staff member. Parents may revoke children’s internet access for any reason. Parents are encouraged to read materials concerning children’s safety on the internet.
- All users must sign in and are limited to 1 hour if others are waiting. Use is limited to a maximum of two persons per terminal, with no more than two terminals occupied by one family. Terminals are not available during the last 30 minutes before Library closing.
- Printing must be completed during allotted time. Paper must be purchased from the Library at 10 cents per page.
- Users can purchase ear buds from the Library for a $2.00 fee.
- Patrons should be cautious of entering personal information or credit card numbers.
The Cleburne County Library Board of Trustees will periodically review policy if circumstances require it.